The aura is the electromagnetic field that surrounds the human body and every organism and object in the Universe.
The aura of a human is called the "Human Energy Field" and is a collection of electro-magnetic energies of varying densities that permeate through and emit or exit from the physical body of a living person. These particles of energy are suspended around the healthy human body in an oval shaped field. This auric field surrounds the body approximately 2-3 feet on all sides and extends above the head and below the feet into the ground.
There are seven levels or auric bodies that make up the complete auric field. Each of these seven layers has their own frequency and are inter-related. They affect the whole person on every level of being -- emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual. They are inherently interconnected and therefore, a state of imbalance in one of the bodies leads to a state of imbalance in the others. The physical body is the tangible form. The seven auric bodies begin with the "etheric body".
Physical Body: Is at the lowest vibrational level and is dense in atomic structure. It addresses physical sensations and is the most tangible in our consciousness. We are aware of our body and its movements in the here and now. The fears of the physical body include sickness, aging, and death.
1) Etheric Body: Is the next higher vibrational level. It addresses relationship between the material (physical) body to the higher bodies. Energy of this body flows through the meridians that transmit the life force energy or chi through the physical body. It is connected to our 1st Chakra.
2) Emotional Body: This body addresses feelings and emotions and is connected to our past and stored emotions along with our 2nd Chakra.
3) Mental Body: This body teaches us self-knowledge and reflects the conscious mind, logic, active thinking, and intellect. It is associated with our "ego" and relates to our 3rd Chakra.
4) Astral Body: This body is the bridge between the physical planes and the spiritual realm. It is associated with the 4th Chakra. It is the body that reflects unconditional love.
5) Etheric Template Body: This is the body of "divine will" and can is the place for the present and all possible futures. It is connected with the 5th Chakra. Balancing this "body" aides in the balancing of the lower etheric body.
6) Celestial Body: This body works on the intuitive level and mirrors the subconscious mind that is in the inactive part of our brains. It is associated with the "higher" emotional aspects of spirit. It is the place of knowing universal love and the divinity in all things. It is connected with the 6th Chakra.
7) Causal Body: This body vibrates at the highest frequency and is the place where the soul communicates with the conscious mind via the subconscious mind in the mental body. It is the place of universal consciousness and connection to the "universal all". This body reflects all experiences and events that the soul has ever had. It is connected with the 7th Chakra.